The Computer Based Test Centre Proprietors’ Association of Nigeria (CPAN) has accused the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) of failing to effectively address infractions and technical hitches that engender examination malpractice.
It said unresolved technical hitches surrounding the conduct of the examination led to failure of candidates in the 2019 JAMB examinations.
Addressing a press conference in Abuja, President of CPAN, Chiadikobi Akwuruoha, said JAMB has not sufficiently addressed challenges arising from registration, incompetence of some JAMB officials and ad-hoc staff in the conduct of its examinations leading to failure of candidates.
“Infractions related registration ranges from registration done outside a designated CBT Center, to data swap and multiple registrations. CPAN in its considerations identifies the failure of the technology deployed for registration, schemes for exam malpractice and pressure on the part of proprietors struggling to recoup their investments under miserable remuneration as rentals from JAMB as the fundamental causes of the challenges associated with registration.
“Technical difficulties during the 2019 UTME examination, failures associated with technical efficiency were identified as failure from the biometric verification system, lack of basic computer knowledge by the candidates, incompetence of some JAMB ad hoc technical staff and failure of the JAMB browser rapid test under a strict condition for non-use of alternatives like google, chrome and firefox browsers”, he said.
CPAN said “grand technical failure by centers (private, public and JAMB model centers) ranging from power failure, to network connectivity issues, computer and cooling systems”, were other challenges facing the examination process.
“Critical thoughts on exam malpractice revealed that malpractice has got to a cancerous level and is yet to receive appropriate attention. Exam malpractice in the education sector actually graduates to the scandalisation of pupils during common entrance into unity schools and has become an all comer’s affair in private schools”.
Akwuruoha stated that“the brazen state of a culture of gross decay associated with ordinary level exams, the huge surge for admission regulated by the JAMB ranking role which overwhelms the system and manifests itself in the guise of admission sales traditionally termed decently as VC list”.
“Character deficit demonstrated in a complex quasi interplay that involves desperate parents, schools, tutorial centers, JAMB staff (through direct involvement or negligence) and CBT Centers (private, public and JAMB model centers).
“The strategic inclusion of JAMB is seen in the miraculous batching of candidates from same school in one session of exam. It is very important that these matters are overhauled in a deliberate attempt to proffer holistic solutions, especially as the nation is already on its mark and already moving to the next level”.
This post has already been read 456 times!
Holy Spirit Vomits Prayers against Coronavirus
Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), a leading healing and deliverance ministry, this weekend released prayers vomited by the Holy Ghost to arrest the continuing spread of the dreaded coronavirus disease and advised Nigerians not to take panic.
It has also, in compliance with the ban on gatherings and religious activities by the Lagos and Ogun State governments, suspended all church activities at all of its branches in Lagos and Ogun States forthwith till further notice.
General Overseer (GO) of the MFM, Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya, in a statement by his Media Office, reminded Nigerians of the various steps being taken by the Federal and State Governments to contain the pandemic.
Olukoya, who is a scientist and Prophet of God, said, having considered all involved and under the leading of the Holy Spirit, “I urge all Christians and men of faith, irrespective of denomination and religion, to pray the following prayers to receive protection and henaling from the virus and other pestilence likely to come this year.”
Quoting from the scriptures: 3Jn.1:2, which says “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth”, Psalm 91:1-16, among others, he advised Nigerians that: “These prayers should be done along with the officially released hygiene and sanitation protocols.
1. I soak my blood, bones and flesh in the wonder working power of the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
2. I barricade my body from every invasion by disease germs, in the name of Jesus.
3. Holy Ghost fire, burn all disease deposits in my body to ashes, in Jesus’ name.
4. Blood of Jesus, laminate my life, in the name of Jesus.
5. I silence the voice of sickness speaking against my life, in the name of Jesus.
6. Let the blood of Jesus immunize me from every infirmity, in the name of Jesus.
7. Anything I have eaten or swallowed, presently working against my health, be dissolved by the power of God, in the name of Jesus.
8. My body, resist and reject every killer disease, in the name of Jesus.
9. Any organ in my body performing below expectation, receive the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus.
10. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God, in the name of Jesus.
11. All arrows of infirmity fired against me, go back to the sender, in Jesus’ name.
12. Thou power of the wasters, my body is not your candidate, clear away, in the name of Jesus.
13. Any curse of infirmity working against me, die, in the name of Jesus.
14. Any ladder or pipe supplying evil current into my body, break away, in the name of Jesus.
15. I receive divine tonic and vitamins by the power in the blood of Jesus.
16. My immune system, become unchallengeable by any infirmity, in Jesus’ name.
17. Yokes and covenants of diseases, break, in the name of Jesus.
18. Any programme of the spirit of death for my body, be extinguished, in the name of Jesus.
19. Witchcraft sponsored infirmity will not come close to my camp, in Jesus’ name.
20. I speak woe unto every troubler of the Israel of my life, in the name of Jesus.
21. By the power in the stripes of the Lord Jesus Christ, I chase every infirmity out of my body, in the name of Jesus.
22. Every garment of infirmity, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
23. I drink the blood of Jesus and pass out from my body system every demon of infirmity, in the name of Jesus. (Do this prophetically)
24. I inhale the fire of God and pass out every deposit of infirmity from my body, in the name of Jesus. (Do this prophetically)
25. Every anchor of wasters, vanish from my body, in the name of Jesus.
26. Let the power of the shadow of the Almighty overshadow me, in Jesus’ name.
27. O Lord, make my body too hot for every demon of sickness, in Jesus’ name.
28. My blood, be vaccinated by the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
29. Diseases unto death, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
30. I render my body undevourable to eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood, in the name of Jesus.
31. Anything that I have eaten or swallowed assigned to attack my health, die, in the name of Jesus.
32. Rain of divine immunity, envelope and soak me, in the name of Jesus.
33. Holy Ghost fire, secure my defense against infirmity by fire, in Jesus’ name.
34. Every dark prophecy, dark prayer and dark wish against my well-being, I dash you to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
35. I crush every serpent and scorpion of generational infirmity, in Jesus’ name.
36. Blood of Jesus, Holy Ghost fire, detoxify my body, in the name of Jesus.
37. Power drinking the blood of my wholeness, die, in the name of Jesus.
38. Agenda of wasters for our land, be nullified with the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
39. You dark stronghold, in charge of sickness and disease in our land, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
40. We use the blood of Jesus to sanitize our land and cleanse it from every coven-sponsored sickness and disease, in the name of Jesus.
This post has already been read 3476 times!
Alleged Fraud: Hon Mutu Never Demanded For Money, Gratification From Me-Witness
The Managing Consultant Of Tarib Consultant Ltd, the star witness of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Bosun Arebuwan, in the trial of Hon Nicholas Mutu, the former Chairman Of the House Committee on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), has told a Federal High Court in Abuja that Mutu never asked for money or gratification from him.
According to him while being cross examined by Counsel to Mutu, Patrick Ikwueto, SAN “at no time did Hon Mutu demanded or asked for any money, the money paid into Airworld Ltd was not a proceed of crime and the money was paid by Starline Consultants the NDDC appointed revenue agent.
Arebuwan further told the court the N400 million to the Redeemed Church of God for the construction of their Redeem Camp in Lagos is his money and he has the right to do with as he likes.
The prosecution witness also told the court that he has never met Hon Mutu nor know him personally adding”he never solicited, demanded or asked for the money. He said the consultants on their own decided to appreciate the committee.
Arebuwan also said that he signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Airworld and issued it with an appointment letter to provide IT support for the project, he said that they also signed a non disclosure agreement with Airworld and that the alleged N400 million bribe was for services rendered by Airworld for the project.
He further told the court that MoU and non disclosure agreement were all a cover up and that the demand order for payment were all part of the cover up.
The EFCC start witness having admitted to forging documents in a serious criminal matter may have unwittingly removed the foundation from the case as the only evidence before the court as regards to money being paid into the account of Airworld LTD is the demand order which Arebuwan admitted was forged or a cover up.
Also testifying the Managing Director of Starline Ltd, Ibinabo Micheal West, told the court that he does not know Hon Mutu and has never met him adding that “Hon Mutu never asked me for anything, it was Arebuwan who requested me to pay the money into the accounts Of Airworld Ltd.
Specifically Starline was contracted by the NDDC in 2014 to help in the recovery of 3% of the approved budget of oil companies operating in the Niger Delta as part of their contribution to funding of the commission especially the companies that have not been complying with the provisions of the NDDC Act.
Starline partnered with Tarib Consultants to execute the job and Tarib in turn contracted Airworld to provide the information technology components of the project.
The job was done and over N170 billion was recovered by the consultants and The EFCC without any petition alleged that they traced N400million to Hon Mutu’s account as a Director of Airworld Ltd but the law allows members of the House of Representatives to be directors in companies the star witness failed in his evidence as he said that Hon Mutu never gave him his account number neither did he ask to be appreciated he maintained that the money was given of his own volition as the N400 million he gave to the Redeemed Church.
Arebuwan maintaiyned that the money was not proceeds of crime, corruption of fraudulent activities but that the money was legitimately earned to which he reserves the rights to decide what to do with it.
Specifically the EFCC had on February 3rd 2020 docked Hon Mutu before the Federal High Court presided over by Justice Giwa Ogunbanjo over alleged graft his companies: Airworld Technologies Ltd and Oyien Homes Ltd, for allegedly receiving more than N4.8 million gratification from oil companies operating in the Niger Delta region.
He pleaded not guilty to the charges.
This post has already been read 3711 times!
NUJ to Sponsor Bill against Owing Journalists’ Salaries
The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) plans to sponsor a bill to penalise media establishments that owe journalists, President of NUJ, Mr Christopher Isiguzo, has said.
He said the intiative would be in collaboration with newspaper owners. The NUJ President stated this in Makurdi at an interactive session with members of the union in the state, to appreciate members for electing him and also know their challenges.
The members had also complained of regular intimidation, harassment and detention, over their reports like ordinary criminals.
Isiguzo said that when the bill is passed into law, media houses would no longer owe media workers salaries.
He said there was a need for stakeholders to respect journalists and desist from abusing them.
According to the president of NUJ, the practice of journalism is gradually being viewed as a crime in Nigeria, as members are no longer accorded deserved honour.
He said that journalists need to be accorded respect and where they violate the ethics should be reported to the union or court of law, rather than resort to unlawful ways.
He said he had already informed President Muhammadu Buhari, Chairman of Nigerian Governors Forum, Mr Kayode Fayemi and other governors, on the incessant harassment of members.
Isiguzo said that the union was engaging with the Ministries of Information and the Interior to ensure proper identification of genuine journalists in the country.
“We are going to collaborate with the Federal Ministry of Interior and security agencies so that our members will be easily identified anywhere. We believe the cases of intimidation, harassment among others will be addressed with this move.
“We need to up our game and embrace social media to continue to maintain leading space in the media world. We need to be very serious with our media engagement.”
He said the union was planning to bring together all the online media organisations for effective regulation.
In her remark, Mrs Victoria Ashar, Chairman of Benue Council of NUJ, commended the president for the visit and said that the union under her watch would continue to support him to actualise his laudable programmes.
This post has already been read 3638 times!
Uncategorized2 years ago
Leah Sharibu: Refuses to Deny Jesus, Turned Hostage for Life by Boko Haram
News1 year ago
What God Says About Yahoo Yahoo or Cybercrime
Interview1 year ago
Dolly Parton: My life Purpose is to Do Something for God Until He Says Stop, I’ll Keep Going
Uncategorized2 years ago
Witchcraft: What You Need to Know Urgently
Foreign1 year ago
Homosexuality: The Case of the Luxembourg Male Prime Minister Married to a Man
News10 months ago
From Global Tragedy Comes Global Melody
Uncategorized2 years ago
Do You Fear God?
Sermon9 months ago
COVID-19: Have Faith in God, Not in Vaccine